Posted April 2023.
Who we are looking for
We are seeking a Senior Associate who is passionate about investing to achieve social and environmental impact. In this role, you will receive hands-on experience working with two founding team members in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment, and you will also contribute to the organization’s development and strategy. You will leave an indelible mark on our culture and the success of our investees while growing your career. You will report directly to the Executive Director and work together to achieve our strategic goals.
Rapid growth requires flexibility on behalf of all team members, and specific duties likely will evolve over time. To start, primary responsibilities include:
- Program management (50%): You will manage – and refine – our three core programs:
- Philanthropic investing: Review donor investment recommendations, conduct due diligence, prepare investment recommendations for our Investment Committee (IC), participate in monthly IC meetings, make investments, administer investee reporting and returns on investment, and process returns to DAFs or other 501(c)(3) nonprofits as recommended by donors.
- Fiscal sponsorship: Oversee application and IC approval process, set up new fiscal sponsorships, and track and on-grant donations received.
- Fund management: Support Executive Director in approval and setup of new funds, streamline IC approval of recommended investments, and make and administer investments and returns.
- Donor relations (20%): We receive donations from an array of foundations, donor-advised fund (DAF) providers, corporations and individuals. You will help us to manage donor communications, gift acknowledgement and reporting.
- Financial management (20%): Support tracking of inflows and outflows, prepare transfers for approval, and develop and maintain dashboard for management team and board of directors.
- Organizational development and marketing (10%): You will help foster the growth of our organization by contributing to marketing materials, thought leadership, branding, and management of interns.
The ideal candidate brings:
- University degree with outstanding academic track record; MBA or equivalent graduate degree or work experience is a plus
- Relevant career experience, consisting of 3-6 years of project finance, private/growth equity, private credit, restructuring, investment banking, or similar role
- Strong analytical skills; financial modeling experience is a plus
- Clear and effective communicator, both verbal and written
- Intellectually curious: we are seeking a deep thinker with a desire to work in a key role with substantial responsibility. We are looking for someone who is excited by the complexity and challenge of investing with the dual mandate of potential financial returns and clear social/environmental impact.
- Team player: we are building a close-knit team of independently-motivated high performers who can thrive when given strategic direction with limited tactical guidance
- Growth mindset: we are seeking someone who is excited by the potential to learn in our evolving organization and culture
- High attention to detail: while we will be on hand to assist, we must trust our team to manage their own work and hold themselves accountable to high standards
- Fluency in French or Spanish is a plus
Location: Remote or Seattle/Bainbridge Island (ideally)
Start Date: Q2/Q3 2023
Salary: $75,000 to $100,000
Benefits: 401k, HRA
How to apply
The job has been filled.
Who we are
Realize Impact is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with a mission to fund and support impactful startups. We help companies that are tackling the most important social and environmental problems facing our world.
Founded in 2013, our three main programs include philanthropic investing, fiscal sponsorships, and impact fund management. Since launching our Philanthropic Investment Grant (PHIG) service in 2020, we have moved more than $25 million of philanthropic capital into impact investments around the globe. We are experiencing high growth across all of our programs. To accommodate this momentum, we need to bolster our staffing, systems and capacity.
We bring the rigorous analytical skills we have developed while working in the impact investing industry along with hands-on operational expertise launching and scaling both for-profit and revenue-generating nonprofit organizations. We hold ourselves to high standards of integrity, and are looking to build a best-in-class, diverse and collaborative team to achieve meaningful social and environmental impact around the world. Our current team works remotely from locations on Bainbridge Island, a 35-minute ferry ride from Seattle.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Realize Impact is an equal opportunity employer that provides equal opportunity in any term, condition, or privilege of employment to all employees and potential employees on the basis of their abilities and merits. Employment applicants to Realize Impact will not be discriminated against with regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, caste, ancestry, age, disability or veteran status.